- Bills are mailed out during the last week of December and cover January 1st through December 31st of the same calendar year.
- The full amount of the bill is due and payable without penalty by January 31st.
- For each month after January a 1% Service Charge is added to the unpaid balance. The total amount must be paid in full by April 30th.
- You may choose the two payment plan, the first half is due by January 31st and the second half is due by July 31st, plus 1% per month.
- Taxes can be paid by mail and a paid receipt will be issued by return mail to the Homeowner. All payments may be mailed to the Town Hall at the following address:
Jean Johnson— Receiver of Taxes
Town of Kent
25 Sybil's Crossing
Kent Lakes, NY 10512
- Taxes can also be paid in person at the tax office. Office Hours: January and February, September and October ~ Monday thru Friday from 9am to 3pm. Call for office hours on other months
- Checks should be made payable to "The Receiver of Taxes" for the exact amount that appears on the bill, plus interest or penalty, if applicable.
- Receipts for payments made in person will be issued at the time of payment to the person delivering the payment.