Carmel Central School District
- Bills are mailed out during the last week of August each year. The bill covers July 1st through June 30th of the following year, which is the same as the school year.
- The full amount is due and payable without penalty by September 30th. The full amount is also accepted through October 31st with a 2% penalty.
- You may choose the two payment plan, the first half is due by September 15th, and the second half is due by March 15th of the following year. There is a 4% service charge built into the half payment amounts, this will be listed clearly on your bill.
- If no payment is made in September or October, the full amount plus interest and penalties will be re-levied onto your Town & County Tax Bill the following January.
- Taxes can be paid by mail and a paid receipt will be issued by return mail to the Homeowner. All payments may be mailed to the Town Hall at the following address:
Jean Johnson— Receiver of Taxes
Town of Kent
25 Sybil's Crossing
Kent Lakes, NY 10512
- Checks should be made payable to "The Receiver of Taxes" for the exact amount that appears on the bill. A $10 fee will be charged for returned checks.
- Receipts for payments made in person will be issued at the time of payment to the person delivering the payment.