What Inspections do I need?
Inspection requests must be made 24 hours in advance. Call our office at 845-225-3900.
Please note that the Secretary schedules all inspections.
Other inspections not specifically noted shall be requested as required.
State Law requires you CALL BEFORE YOU DIG for any excavation. 800-962-7962 or 811
- Erosion and sedimentary control when required
- Footing / formed / Rebar - work in position and before concrete is placed
- Basement Floor Slab
- Foundation Block / Poured
- Foundation footing drains and /or water proofing before backfilling
- Rough Framing
- Rough Plumbing & Heating – wet – air
- Fire Resistance Construction
- Fire Resistance Penetration
- Solid Fuel burning, heating appliances, Chimney Flue or Gas vents
- Insulation after all rough inspections and before drywall
- Sheetrock – screw inspection for Commercial only
- Fire Equipment
- Final inspection for Certificate of Occupancy for new construction or final inspection for all other permits.
- When alterations or additions requiring a permit occur, smoke detectors and a Carbon Monoxide detector shall be required and will be inspected at final/CO inspection.
1. Pier/footing inspection before concrete
2. Framing inspection before decking (required only if deck is less than four feet above grade)
3. Final inspection
Pool (In ground)
1.Rough Electrical / trench
2.Rebar (in ground only) / grounding and bonding
3.Final inspection which includes pool alarm, fence and access gate
Pool (Above Ground) 24" or deeper
Final inspection which includes pool alarm, fencing if needed and access gate